Friday, 25 May

I actually feared for my life this morning.


The train before mine (6.13) and the train after mine (6.44) were both cancelled due to 'a shortage of train crew'.  You'd think that would mean a couple of unused trains hanging around, which they could couple together to make one big train but of course this is Northern Rail we're talking about and the 6.31 turned up as... you guessed it... a two carriage pacer!


It was utterly utterly awful.  I ended up standing on the door step leaning on the doors which are so old I feared they might burst open.  I wanted to take a photo of the overcrowding but I was that packed in that I couldn't even reach my phone. 


At Bolton I thought a fight was going to break out as people were yelling and screaming.  They were telling people to move down the train but I have no idea where they expected anyone to go, did they think we should all sit on each others knees?


This is a 6.31am train for crying out loud.  I can't imagine what the later trains are like. 


Again, the screenshot shows it wasn't much better going the other way.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday, 21 May

Tuesday, 29 May